Welcome to First Grade!
Which face do you look like when you returned to school from the summer? My son, Khoi, started school this week, and he looks super eager for math class!
For some of us, we can ask the same thing in regards to joining a small group community. Which face do you look like when you’re invited to be a part of a small group community?
Our Pastor of Maturity, Brandon, has some words to inspire you towards joining or starting a group this September…
…As we jump into a new school year and think of beginnings, let’s go WAAAY back to the very FIRST beginning. At the very beginning of time, when God first created humanity, He said something spectacular: “Let us make humankind in our image” (Gen. 1:26).
This is spectacular for a lot of reasons, but today, I am struck by the way God built us for community! Notice, God refers to Himself in plural: us, our. This is because God Himself is a community: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. When God made us in His image, He built us to be in community with other people! Believe it or not, when we commit to being a part of a God-centered community, we step further into the people God designed us to be.
And that is why we find Small Groups to be SO important here at Saddleback. We want to give you the chance to step deeper into the person God has designed you to be. As this year kicks off, I want to offer you three options to get plugged into a group:
- JOIN A GROUP: We have about 150 small groups here at Irvine South. Of those, 15 are open to newcomers. If you’re interested in jumping in, CLICK HERE and we’ll get back to ya within the week (if you lead a group and want to change it to “Open”, please email MARKY@SADDLEBACKVOLUNTEER.COM)
- JOIN AN ON-CAMPUS WEDNESDAY NIGHT TABLE: From Sept 14th-Oct. 19th, a 6 week on-campus group called “NOT YOUR SUNDAY SCHOOL JESUS“. It will be taught LIVE by Pastor Brandon and the Irvine South Team as we dig into the Book of Luke and the Revolutionary aspects of Jesus’ Life and Teachings. We’ll have tables for Young Adults, Empty Nesters, Young Couples, Couples with Kids, Singles, etc. RSVP HERE. Childcare solutions available.
- 3. START A GROUP: Have a couple friends and the internet to stream free series content? CLICK HERE to let us know you’re interested in starting a group and we’ll get you ALL the info you need.
We hope you find that special spiritual community this fall season.
It’s SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE at Saddleback Church!!!
Week 1, Fiesta and Salsa dancing, is over. But, you can still join the action by inviting a few friends to our next 4 Saturday Night Live events. Your commitment will mean the success of our new Saturday service. You can make our Saturday service impactful in 3 ways: 1) Praying that God will use this moment to change lives, 2) Attending/inviting to the Saturday service, 3) Serving at our Saturday events (CLICK HERE). What’s the hold up?
Here’s the lineup for the next four outings.
Feel free to click and watch the 45 second replay of Fiesta Night.
Pastor Kevin’s Recommended Summer Events
We believe in creating connection spaces for every season of life: men, women, youth, and children. Check out our EVENTS CALENDAR or email IRVINE@SADDLEBACK.COM for more information. Here are some activities you don’t want to miss.
- 9/7 – KIDS SMALL GROUPS REGISTRATION ends (Pre-K – 5th grade)
- 9/11 – STUDENT SMALL GROUPS REGISTRATION ends (6th – 12th grade)
- CELEBRATE RECOVERY happens every Thursday
- See other local campus events here: IRVINE EVENTS CALENDAR
Enjoy the rest of your week,
Kevin Nguyen, PhD
Saddleback Church at Irvine South